Hi fellow Brewers. Have a guess how much of the outstanding list from Part One that I have completed..? Yep, next to fuck all; I am completely useless – arghhh.
Well that’s not strictly true – I have made some progress albeit with much help from the outside. I shall list where I am now in my list to perfection and when, hopefully I can expect to commence my brewing empire.
- Brewery electrics are complete for the sockets – just lights to go but that will hinder me not on brewing. TICK !
- Tiny Rebel Kit is now in the Keg and is carbonated. Verdict is that it tastes quite close but I fear my 4-5 week lagering in the fermentation chamber may have overly fermented the wort and resulted in a higher ABV but much dryer and bitter beer. Not unpleasant – but when compared to the original (research of course) – the kit version had lost the fruity malty backbone. Still there is about 20 pints to devour and devour I shall. TICK !
In addition to the above, I have also managed to perform the following.
- Install the Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water System. Give this a test and it is reading 0 TDS on exit so it looks like I will have very neutral/empty of “stuff” water – allowing me to build whatever profile I desire. Now I had this already, but was buying it from the local Aquarium – not I produce my own. I shall run off 35 litres tomorrow for my next eagerly awaited pending brew. TICK !
- I have also ordered some more Wood. Yes old “cack” hand is once again attempting to build some more stuff out of wood. This time I am looking to build some basic cabinets for my fermentation chambers (fridges to you and me). It will also form part of my TAP Wall which will make a glorified return as soon as I can fill the kegs. TICK !
- I have continued to move stuff about gradually sorting as I go – I will get to a decent permanent work space very soon. TICK !!!! (sort of).
- I also have 2 more Kegs – cause, I need them obviously with all this brewing I am doing….or not. FAIL ! 🙂
I seem to be on a roll. I hope to keep things going and even maybe appear on the old BrewTube – who knows. I have said that before though !!!
Until Next Time !
Stew (aka Drunk Delilah Brewery)